Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Freaky Peace

Do you ever have moments or times where you experience what I like to call ‘freaky peace’?  It’s that Philippians 4:7 kind of peace.  It only comes from God and we don’t understand it.  But it’s there.

Recently I experienced one of the more horrible days in my life.  (Thank God those are few and far between!)  But then I realized this isn’t about me and my feelings but it’s about Christ in me.  I guess that was the first step in allowing His peace to wash over me.  It’s not about me.

My oldest daughter is 23.  She was raised in a spirit-filled church.  She received Christ when she was six years old.  When she turned 21 and after some family/church related turmoil (a story for a later time) she decided she wanted to rebel.  She moved out-of-state and befriended people who pulled her down spiritually.  This was two years ago.  Since then she has been miserable in every sense of the word—exactly what happens when one knows the truth.

At the same time and knowing that she’s not living right (and her thinking she’s pulling the wool over our eyes), her dad and I have been praying, praying and praying!

About two months ago while out on my walk I was praying for her and began sensing such an urgency to pray more intensely.  I began confessing that ‘today, now, she is coming home.  Today she is Born Again.  Today…today…’ That evening she called us and said it was time to come home.  I’m so thankful for the Holy Spirit urging me to pray more intensely than ever before that morning.  He is so faithful if we’ll listen and obey His voice.

It took two months to finally get her home.  And I’m telling you in the past two months I have never prayed more, confessed more, rebuked Satan’s attack off her life more.  It has been a battle.  But I have to confess, the biggest battle has been feeling the need to take it out of God’s hands--It's ok God, you got her home, now I"ll take it from here’!--like I can fix anything, sheesh!  (Moms the world over know exactly what I’m talking about!) There have been so many other things He has taught me through this—compassion (I thought I had), love, realizing that the foothold of self-righteousness and pride are hard to break in one’s life (speaking of my own).  Wonderful lessons but learning them through the ‘freaky peace’ process.

There is still a battle waging.  Satan is doing his best to annihilate Chels from the face of the planet.  This 'horrible' day had to happen for all of us.  Sometimes we have to face the very thing we’d rather shove under the carpet.  So me and my Father went for a drive.  I cried, I felt Him cry with  me, wrap his arms around me and cover me with His peace.

God is working to will and do His good pleasure in her life (Phil. 2:13).  He brought her home and keeps reminding me that He’s going to finish what He’s started in her life.  As for me, my responsibility is to love, speak words in due season, and pray like never before.

Yet God Is!

Brenda

6 comments:

  1. Aww, honey, you have been going through what countless others have had to with children over the years. Keep pressing on in prayer and faith until you see you dear daughter fully back. I can see the Lord is already working and yes, he will complete what he's begun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!! Thanks Brenda :o) Your sharing your thoughts in such an honest way is a blessing and I'm glad to finally be able to tell you that. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Chelsea living with you now, or "home" in the sense of spiritual renewal? So thankful for these thoughts from you. I've been through some really horrible days with my kids, and we are not "there" yet! But God has been so faithful.

    I am so thankful that our pastor always gives us the context of his scripture choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog. I hv
    ave been reading several posts on your and had to stop at this one and leave a comment.
    Ther was a time when I too, had to "Go to War!" for my daughter! And that was exactly how the Lord spoke it to me. "Go to war, don't just sit back and let the enemy have her!" I did, and as I continued in prayer that morning I felt the Lord's strength rising up within me like never before. The battle was being fought, and satan was being put in his place! in a few weeks she was home, the bad relationship broken off, and she turned back to the Lord. Hang in there! God is for us... who can be against us, Amen!

    ReplyDelete

Christ-like please :)